Monday, August 31, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
So it's about that time (well, past due actually) for me to really get back into shape. So I decided to set some goals. I won't get into specifics but I feel really great about them. They are just hard enough to have to stretch and yet not so hard that I can't reach them. Some things I'm doing to help accomplish my goals:
- I am 2 days into the Hundred Pushups Challenge.
- On Wednesday nights after school I attend a Cardio Kickboxing class. We are actually moving and jumping and boxing for 50 minutes straight! Then for 5 minutes we do this crazy weight lifting/sculpting section, and then we cool down.
- On Thursday nights after class I attend a Hatha Yoga class.
- I have pretty much cut Dairy and Red Meat out of my diet.
- I am making and bringing my lunch (healthy foods) to work/school (this also saves $$$).
- Also I'm jogging outside (in the late evenings) and running on a treadmill (YMCA).
I hope to be able to keep up with my plan and accomplish my goal by January 1, 2010 (b-day)!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Here we are at "On The Border" in San Diego
(Carolyn, Kris, Kylee, & Brandon)
DISNEYLAND AUGUST 2009
"The Happiest Place on Earth!"
We are all so excited!!!
Kylee, Goofy, & Carolyn
Chip & Dale Boys??
It's actually a "Small World" after all!
Carolyn & I are just so excited to get back to school!
Brandon & Kris needed to get out a little aggression.
Choose your stance?
...At some point at Disneyland I may or may not have literally jumped ship in the "Pirates of the Carribean" ride. Someone may or may not have bet me $5 dollars to do it. I may or may not have been scolded a bit at the end of the ride when I came in on a boat all by myself. It may or may not have been a good idea!
On our way home we saw some Dinosaurs, not an everyday occasion, so we had to stop and check them out!
Let's just say it was and entertaining road trip! (Let's do it again soon!)
I've been in Arizona for one year now! Although it isn't anything like I expected it to be (it is much better) it has been quite the growing experience! I love my Grad School Program at ASU, my University 5th Ward experiences, my amazing friends, and of course I couldn't have survived without my incredible roommates! Here's to another great year!
Monday, August 17, 2009
This is a conversation that happened today:
Neighbor: "So are you and Jodi both seriously dating someone?"
Kylee: (laughs out loud)
Jodi: "No, but we seriously both want to be dating!"
And so it goes in the single life.