Thursday, September 27, 2007

"Into the Wild"


I finished this book this morning. It was quite the journey. It is a sad story of kid on sort of Karoac journey to find himself. I knew there was a moving by Sean Penn coming out becuase I saw a preview but then I noticed the book was written by Jon Krakauer. My dad had introduced me to another of Krakauer's books, "Into Thin Air" and I had loved it! He is a brilliant writer.

My dad also read it (I left it at home when I went to sister's wedding) and found it interesting. He enjoyed the parts where Krakauer added his own experiences. There's just something about it that fascinates me. It certainly is tragic--but Alexader Supertramp's zest for life and exploration left me feeling grateful for all the blessings in my life!

I'd love to hear what you think if you've read the book. If you haven't you should it's a short read and pulls you in quickly. You can even borrow it from me if you'd like.

1 comment:

trentathon said...

good thing i am learning how to speed read right now and need more books to read. i'll get back to you after i've cruised through it at a blistering 600+ words per minute