Thursday, April 30, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
In a day and age where people are paralyzed by fear, where they are not only losing their jobs but their confidence, and where people are losing hope I choose to tell a different story!
I want to collect personal essays/stories from people that have MADE things happen in their lives. This includes dreams they made come true, goals they've accomplished, trips they've taken, people they've met, and so much more.
Your personal story/essay needs to be around 2 pages (1000 words), clear, concise, and how it is you made it happen! Send your story to me: firstname.lastname@example.org. w/a very brief bio of yourself.
I will be putting together a collection of these inspiring stories to hopefully publish in a book.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Music & Lyrics by Kylee shields
I know it’s been a while since I’ve been here
Brought flowers to your grave and spoke my heart
and though you can’t respond
I can’t help wondering
How it would be
If you were here
I know I’d be different
That your life would change mine
I know I’d see things a different way if you were here
I know we’d have good days
To counter the bad ones
I know there’d be miles and miles of laughter along the way
And so today I came to say
That I’m okay
I miss you most in family picture moments
On random days and times I can’t predict
And though I know God has a plan
What you can see
And what you can’t
I try to be better
To make your life matter
I try to remember small moments that we shared
I’m working on Listening
To hearts that are hurting
I’m trying to love everyone along the way
And so today I came to say
That I’m okay
I’m hoping there are days you hear my heart
And know that I still miss you though it’s years we’ve been apart
Please know that you’ve changed me
Just knowing you loved me
All the memories we shared make me smile
I’m longing for heaven
For our grand reunion
When we can be a family once again
And so today I cam to say
Until that day
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I can't believe it's almost been 10 years! Grant died on Pioneer Day, 1999. I remember that day so vividly. Our lives were changed forever. Our hearts still ache and we miss him so much. The Savior has comforted us as we've spent the past 10 years without our Granty. There is hope smiling brightly before us.
In honor of Grant's life, we've decided to participate in the Deseret News Marathon/10k/5k. Our family would like to extend an invitation toall who would like to join in this special day.
The Grant Shields Memorial Run:
*July 24, 2009------------->(the 10 yr. anniversary of his death)
*Salt Lake City, Utah
*Times: Marathon-5:30am, 10k-6:00am, 5k-7:00am
*Prices: Marathon-$58, 10k-$30, 5k-$20
**Also, I will be ordering really awesome t-shirts so if that seems like something you would be interested in, please contact me at:email@example.com.
Friday, April 17, 2009
- Kaitlin has a hear of gold
- She is one good sister
- She is an amazing and loyal friend
- I love Kaitlin & Alexa's friendship!
- Kati is one good dancer!
- Kaitlin has a bit of a rebellious side (I love it!)
- She is educated, wants to be politically involved, and is a smarty pants
- She is so fun to be around and keeps me laughing
- I left home a long time ago but from what I can tell she has done an excellent job of being the "oldest" kid in the house.
- Kaitlin is kind and crazy and that makes a great mix
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
- She is passionate about her religion and beliefs.
- She is great to her husband.
- She is a brilliant designer. Check her out here, & here.
- She is so good with children and loves her church calling working with the little tikes in Nursery.
- She has the greatest sense of humor and she is hilarious. No one makes me laugh like you Danielle (except sometimes Ali)
- She had a great sense of fashion (I missed that lesson in Heaven).
- Danielle is such a fast learner. There once was a time I actually taught her how to make a blog and so forth but now she far exceeds my limited technical abilities.
- She, like my mom & Chelsea, loves all things "People", movie stars, singers, and basically entertainers.
- She is a great friend. She even introduced her best friend (& her 2 siblings) to the LDS faith and they were all 3 baptized.
- Another thing I love about Dani is that she has a kind heart. She looks out for those who are struggling, the lonely, the misfits, and truly does her part to make them feel loved and a part of something. I love that about her!
- I love that she has an old Polaroid camera. She loves that thing and takes some incredible pics with it.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Monday, April 06, 2009
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Friday, April 03, 2009
- He loves my sister (and that is enough for me)!
- He likes to golf (sorry you married into a golfless family)
- He is great at fixing things (and my family takes plenty advantage of those skills)
- He is really smart and spend the better half of his life these days studying for his Biology major and wants to go to Pharmacy School in the near future
- He loves kids and is great with them--especially in his calling in the nursery
- He loves to talk to dad about the truck
- He works hard for his money
- Kevin is a joy to be around and he had been a tender mercy in my life many times
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
When I see a blank canvas I cringe. When I'm presented with the opportunity to cook a meal for multiple people (besides my "go to" Lemon Salmon) I panic. If I'm invited to a friend's house or an Enrichment activity to make/create/cut/paste/paint/color/draw anything without a pattern or explicit directions to follow I find I have about as much talent as a 2 year old. I get this squirmy guilty feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think of sewing, quilting, croqueting, needle point and such. Truth be told I sometime jest that I'm not married because the domestic side of me is broken!
But then I see a video like this...
After I wade through all the things I don't do I am grateful for the ways I do create! I love to sing all the day long and if you are lucky on certain days at special times you might get to hear me sing what is in my heart. I also love to play the piano (thanks mom!) playing others compositions and creating my own.
Recently I've been getting back into writing and I love it! I have a friend that shares his short stories with me and I send him essays or poems I've written. It has been wonderful and its led me to dust off some of my old journals and really dig back into that creative side of my life!
However you "create" I encourage you to make that a part of your life!