Friday, April 13, 2012

MOVE







I am severely allergic to cut grass. I know it sounds silly but it does a number on my immune system. I carry an Epi Pen for this reason (and others.) When I was little and my dad would mow the lawn I would run into my room, shut the door, the windows, and climb under my covers. I was afraid of the enzyme that is released when the grass is cut. It hurts me.

Currently, we have a wonderful team of people who groom our yard. On Friday mornings they come and edge the grass, cut it, etc. Every Friday morning I hesitate at the front door, I take a deep breath, I stave off panic, I tell myself, "self, move now!" and race to my car before I take another breath.

As I was doing this ritual this morning I thought about how it applies to other areas of my life. Sometimes I come face to face with things that I fear or can potentially hurt me and I am paralyzed. I think if I took a deep breath and moved forward I would find I am more than okay.

The children of Israel stood face to face with the Red Sea. In Exodus 14:15 it reads, "And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward."   In Matthew 14:22-24 it reads, "And when Peter was come down out of the ship..." It takes action to get miracles. It takes moving to find joy in life. There are so many more stories/references to people who stand on the brink and decided to move.

And so today I issue this challenge: MOVE!

3 comments:

one of the boys said...

Great reminder, Kylee. The only way we can make progress is by making a move. And just like you said, most of the time it's not as bad as we think :)

mkipp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mkipp said...

I've stumbled across your blog and am glad I did. I needed to read this today. Kinda an answer I've been looking for. So thanks.