Sunday, June 28, 2009

Young Warriors Apache Wellness (Wilderness) Camp

Here I am with my friend Alex!

We had some community members from the San Carlos Wellness Center come up and talk to the youth about being in healthy relationships.

We hike down these steep stairs and eventually back up (my calves were hurting for days) to get to the water to swim.
This place is gorgeous and just what we all needed to relax and get rejuvenated. 


If you close in the background you will see a kid standing on a rock. I had been swimming but not wanting to get my hair wet. All the Apache Staff and kids started shouting my name. Finally my friend Nikki told me if I dove off the rock into the water they would give me an Apache name--and so I did. My Apache Name="She who guides the little ones."  I love it!

No comments: