Monday, April 18, 2011

Grateful

Some of the reasons I'm grateful:

The other day I sent my Dad a text:

I need some guidance dad.
I feel a bit lost in my life.
Things aren't too bad I just need a plan.

He called me back and told me I could move home into the extra bedroom. I laughed—which was much better than crying because my dad seems to know exactly what to say. I told him I couldn't move home b/c I'm 31 and people just don't do that. He told me he figured I'd say that and that I would realize things could be much worse. He was right, I was left smiling, and once again Father knows best! This experience is just one of the many reasons I adore and am grateful for my Dad!

I swap shifts with a coworker so I wasn't with my students for two days. Upon returning one of my ragamuffins told me that he missed my meanness! I'll take it! He missed me and for a moment being missed really mattered. I am grateful for being missed!

Along the same vein I left work the other night and notice a note in my purse. I opened and read it and got a little teary-eyed (no I did not cry). It was from an intern who just wanted to let me know that they noticed the difference I make. The validation couldn't have come at a more needed time. I am grateful for people who validate!

I am in the process of sending my book manuscript to publishers. In the wake of things my family has gotten excited and volunteered their services. My mom, a bit worried about my frequent spelling errors, volunteered to be my human spell check and two of my sisters wanted to read a few chapters and give some feedback. I am grateful for a loving and supportive family!

Whenever my roommate comes home she plops herself at the end of my bed, on my desk chair, or on the floor and she shares all the days dealings. I love these moments and know I will theses days in the future. I am grateful for someone who loves me enough to share their life, the exciting things, the drama, and the mundane.

I am sure there are many more things but for now I am just wanted to share my grateful heart!

No comments: