Thursday, December 13, 2007

Winter Wonderland


Well it's officially winter here in Boston!

Natalie & I decided to get all bundled up and shovel some snow (quite a feat). We only had 1 shovel so I ventured across the street to the neighbors to borrow a shovel and met my 89 year-0ld (ish) neighbor, Helen. I'm sure I scared her to death in my dark get up covered from head to toe and asked her if I could borrow a shovel and that I would shovel her stairs and walkway for her. She was shocked. About 5 min. later she arrived at the door with shovel in hand saying, "I'm sorry I'm not a spry as I use to be...Come back tomorrow and I will give you a present." (How cute is that!) I told her not to worry about it being it would take me just a few minutes to clear her walk way. She asked if I were new and I was a bit embarrassed to say I had lived across the street from her for almost 2 years now. She smiled and said, "Well I don't get out much" putting the blame on herself. I told her I'd come by again and I'm actually looking forward to it. I can't believe in all this time I have never met most of my neighbors.

So Nat and I shoveled away and had a great time I might add. It's been a long time since I was outside really shoveling loads of snow. I kind of liked it and I'm loving the Winter Wonderland!

4 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

I have to say that I am glad that I don't have to shovel out my car this year! Or I should say having William having to shovel me out. Sorry that he wasn't there to help this year. Or Preston for that matter. Way to go ladies!

John K. said...

I'm afraid it is only going to get worse this weekend.

Sasha said...

We had our first snow before thanksgiving. It snowed on Thanksgiving day too. There is still snow on the ground. It's really cold! It was nice to help out your neighbor too. miss you

ju said...

one might ask why you have a folding chair on your roof. i mean, i know why- but one might ask you. just be prepared.