Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quiet Hearts

"In the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see."

I've been thinking a lot about hearts lately. It's a topic I love to read about, study, and ponder. This morning the above line from a song kept running through my mind. I don't know if you are like me but it seems that in this noisy world we live in it is hard to "hear,"see," or even "feel" the sorrow in other people's hearts. Yet it seems like when my heart is aching, burdened, or broken--it seems to hear the quiet hearts around it. Shouldn't it be the opposite. Shouldn't my blaring broken heart drown out all others?

It seems to me that when my heart is screaming to be heard it is screaming above the noise and confusion of the world and it seems to be able to only hear other screaming hearts. I am amazed at how this works in my life.

I have a million more thoughts on this topic but I will leave it with this. I hope that your quiet heart is heard!

No comments: