Saturday, November 26, 2011

DIY:Chalkboard Wall


I'm not into crafts that much or DIY Projects but the other day I was sitting with a Young Walker (teenage client) and she said, "Your office is boring." I laughed (I just moved in) and then asked her what she would do with my office if she could. She suggested I paint one of my walls with Chalkboard paint. I loved the idea and thus it became.

Here is my office wall before.

Here's the midway point...the symbol is a heart at peace.

Here is my finished Chalkboard Wall!!
This project was really easy and cheap. I bought 2 small cans of Rust-Oleum Chalkboard paint, a roller brush, and a paint pan for $30.00. I have a ton of paint left over for other projects. 


It didn't take me too long to pain the wall (lots of coats) and then I waited the allotted 4 hours before I could put on the 2nd coat of paint. I am really excited for it dry completely so I can write on it.

3 comments:

Lindsey Layton said...

Love it!!!

Tyson Pyle said...

Um using a chalkboard is "green". Cause you don't go through so many markers. Way to save the earth, Kylee!

smiliesar said...

Fabulous! :-)