Monday, August 09, 2010

Friendship

Lately I've been thinking a lot about friendships. They are so unique because they aren't like any other kind of relationship. They aren't family and they aren't your girlfriend/boyfriend. Yet, it would seem, at times they are the keepers of your heart, the ones who hold your tears, share your dreams, and the people you who make you who you are. They are the ones you live with, cry with, laugh with, and sometimes struggle with.

There is time when you've been friends for so long that you forget how you met or that it even matters and you can't seem to remember a time when you weren't in each others lives. It's then your realize you are lucky. You have the real deal.

And then there's that moment when you meet someone fantastic and you know you want to become their friend--it's just a matter of when and how! I lOVE that feeling. I love getting to know someone new, tapping into their soul, attempting to see the world through their eyes even if just for a moment.

There's also the friends that you hang around so much you might take them for granted except for every now and again you step back and realize you are so blessed to have them in your life. When they introduce you as their friend you still get chills. They are the ones you just might trust enough to let down your guard. They just might get to hold your tears. They may get to see you at your worst and best moments. And if you are lucky enough they will feel the same way towards you!

I am constantly amazed at how blessed I have been in my life for such amazing friends. If ever I wonder if God loves me all I have to do is look around at the wicked awesome friends He's placed in my life at the perfect time to know the answer.

So to all my friends, in all your arrays, know that I am grateful for your imprints and impressions on my heart. I am a better and more whole person as a result of your friendship!

No comments: