Sunday, August 08, 2010

An Incredible Journey out of Broken Dreams

I was having a conversation with my new (she is gorgeous) roommate the other day about life. Okay, honestly I was dumping on her-which I try to avoid like the plague-but she was a great listener. In the middle of our conversation she was saying that she felt inadequate in her life compared to mine. She listed things she knew I'd done or accomplished and then compared them to her life (she's 4 years younger than I). I sat there for a moment and then I shared with her something I don't think I share enough and maybe haven't ever shared on this blog. So here I go...

Most of my amazing travels, accomplishments, goals I've reached etc. have happened over the last 5 years of my life. Most of my friends since I started this blog in 2006 only know the "Make it Happen" me. The Kylee who moved across the country, started traveling, writing a book, and so forth. They don't know the me that existed before I moved to Boston.

I think I've always been ambitious (it runs in the fam) but there was a time (2005) when I had graduated from college, didn't get hired as a seminary teacher, didn't know what to do with my life, and I wasn't married. In essence my plan had failed and I didn't know what to do. I had always thought by the time I was 25 I would be at least married if not married with a child. I was at a loss of what to do. From my broken dreams/plans came my desire to not "hang out" in life and make things happen.

So basically what I saying is I started going places and doing things not out of a sense of how "cool" of a person I am but out of sense of necessity. My dreams/plans/hopes had been unrealized and it became imperative to make new plans. Thus my life motto: Make it Happen was born.

I still want to get married, have kids, and spend my day using my cultivated talents and skills raising my kids and building the kingdom but in the meantime I'm going to go out and do my darndest to rock the boat and make things happen in my life

1 comment:

smiliesar said...

I love your Motto! The same thing has happened to my sister and she too is going off to discover the world after mourning her vision of what life would be like for her. She still struggles at times but is making the most of what she has been given.