Tuesday, August 10, 2010

An Open Letter to...A Deceased Person I Wish I Could Talk To

Dear Leland Grant (Gus) Shields--aka Grandpa-

I sometimes just want to go to your house and see you sitting in your chair in the living room watching BYU and laughing. I miss you at random times and during different situations.

I was playing with Eden the other day, Chelsea's beautiful baby girl, and I was doing "A Mouse Looking For A House" and suddenly I miss you. So I continued singing to her and was a little sad that she never got to meet you.

I remember wanting to read you letters so bad when It became my turn to be a missionary but you weren't alive to write to me and I was sad for that missed opportunity.

Sometimes when I'm around all the family I just miss you and your jokes. Sometimes when I do something silly I say, "Way to go Leland" just like you used to do.

Basically I just want you to know you are missed, you are loved, and you have quite the legacy!

I love you grandpa and can't wait to see you and Grant again someday!

Love Lots, Kylee

No comments: