Saturday, February 18, 2012

"...Life Makes Love Look Hard..."

To the hopeless singles out there:


Recently, one of my friends said that he has a hard time believing in love.  A few months ago another friend of mine said he had little hope in relationships . They, and so many others, are thwarted and bombarded on every side with relationships that fail, divorce, and walls you have to climb just to get into a relationship.


I was listening to Taylor Swift's song, "Ours" and these words hit home, "So don't you worry your pretty little mind. People throw rocks at things that shine. And life makes love look hard. The stakes are high, the water's rough. But this love is ours."


And so I started thinking about those couples out there that I know are making it happen in their life and in their love. I, of course, would be remiss if I didn't mention my amazing parents, who, although they don't have a prefect marriage, have loved each other for more than 33 years! To me they are a great example of the power of love. So without further ado, here are 3 couples I wanted to give a shout-out to because their love has greatly affected my life!


Kevin & Sarah Lewis:
This week my friends Kevin & Sarah celebrate their 11 years of marriage. I am so proud and happy for them.  They have 3 beautiful and loved children. Things did not start out all roses and easy for them but they worked on their love and their marriage and their little family. they are a great example to me of what real love is like. Love takes time, work, lots of laughter, even more love, listening, sharing experiences, and starting it all over again each day. Thank you Kevin & Sarah for showing others that it can be done and done well!






Timothy & Katasha Connor:
The Connors hold a special place in my heart. They are fierce example of love and its persistance & patience. Tash & Tim didn't have the typical short mormon engagement followed by the whirlwind wedding. They worked on themselves, on their love for each other, and they worked with God to make sure everything and everyone was ready for the journey they were about to embark upon. They just recently had a handsome little baby boy and if you can't tell in the picture below, they are bursting with joy! These two not only work on their love but they work together in business as amazing photographers. You should check out their website: Infinity Imagery & their FB Page.  Thanks Katasha & Timothy for being an example of what true love looks like!




Rick & Lauren Enochs:
Lauren has been a friend of mine since high school. I don't think anyone should ever have to go through what she has in her lifetime. She fell in love, got married, and then had to watch the lover of her life die a terrible and painful death in front of her eyes. Only she knows the hell that ensued following that tragedy in her life. If ever there was a person who should hate the idea of love it would be her. Instead, like the warrior and champion she is she chose to love again.  I don't know much about her husband Rick but I know that he is married to one of my favorite people in the world. I will love him forever for loving her!  Thanks Lauren & Rick for showing others the healing power of love, that no matter what life throws at you love is stronger! Lauren is also an amazing photographer so check out her stuff on her Website.


2 comments:

Geoffrey said...

In juxtaposition of your title -- Love makes life look easy. Not in a flighty "devil may care" type of easy, but in a I have strings of joy peppered with the sting of pains, but the overall picture is -- if I can make it through 70 years of both of us not being perfect and be happy, imagine how much happiness we will share in the eternities when we are perfected. Good luck Kylee, and remember, as long as you both feel you married up, you did; and will be the better for it.

smiliesar said...

Itry ti tell everyone that marriage is work BUT it's well worth it. I feel sad for your friends though I know what they are feeling. I see it around us too. It's just one more of Satan's tools. The biggest thing we can do is to keep ”dating” our spouses and help the love continue to grow. It's also important to help each other continue to grow and and develop as individuals. I know you'll find the right guy for you that will make you want to be better and love life even more just because you are with them.