Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Validation


I haven't shared this video in a long time so it's due. The reason for sharing this life-altering-perspective-changing video was something that happened at work today.

I was swinging next a girl in the class that I'm a TA for at my job. A couple kids came up complaining of this or that while I was on the swing. After a few moments in silence she said, "Ms. Kylee you are good at that." I smiled and said, "Good at what?" She said, "You hardly say anything at all but you listen and then when you do speak it matters and it makes a difference."

Wow! I have to tell you folks that I really needed to hear that today! I needed to hear that what I was doing mattered to someone else. She made my day and again I was reminded at much validation matters!

No comments: