Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember

Here are two poems I wrote in the past to express some of my feelings about September 11, 2001:


Remember me when the day is done
When your laughing heart is free
Remember me when the day begins
The flag flies for liberty

Remember me when you're free to roam
When you can worship where you may
Remember me when you take a stand
And have freedom of speech to say

Remember me when you make a choice
When you kneel down to pray
Remember me when it's not so easy
I died so you could live this way
(September 11, 2002)



The best laid plans fail
The most sacred memories fade
And even with you least expect it
Towers crumble before your eyes

But...

Patriotism with bind souls
Remembrance will sear hearts together
And even though the world is ugly
Love still conquerors all
(September 11, 2006)

No comments: