Friday, March 02, 2012

Lizard Lips & Hippos Tongues




I have a weird mom.

She likes it best that way.  Let me explain:

When I was a kid she would sing and dance in the kitchen while making us food. We would always ask what we were going to have for dinner and she would say, "Lizard Lipps & Hippos Tongues." To this day I don't know if it was to be funny or if it was because she had no idea what she was going to make for dinner.  As she continued to sing and dance we would get all embarrassed (we secretly love it!) and tell her to stop being so weird. She would keep singing and tell us, "You don't want a normal mom. Everyone has a normal mom." And she was right.

Thanks for being the perfect amount of weird mom!

2 comments:

c said...

LOVE this! I totally forgot that that was a weird saying, it was so common in our house! he he.

Diana said...

You just gave me hope for my kids! ;D My Mom had a different way of saying things and doing things and I have always loved her weirdness. It's what keeps me from being like "everyone else's mom."