Monday, March 05, 2012

My New Obsession

For Christmas my mom gave me a Kindle. I wasn't expecting it and wondered if I would use it much. I really like the feel of a real book. I also got an Amazon gift card at Christmas. I had no idea that these two gifts would soon fuel my new obsession.

One day I "liked" TED on Facebook. Inspired by my sister, Chelsea Shields Strayer, who gave a TED talk in India. I had no idea what that would lead to. Just like in the book, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie," one thing has led to the next.

I watched this TED talk by Shawn Achor
 I wanted to learn more about Positive Psychology and Happiness so I bought his book (on my Kindle w/gift card), "The Happiness Advantage."

 Then a few days went by and another TED talk caught my eye in my FB newsfeed so I check it out...

 I watched this TED talk by Susan Cain
 I loved it so much I couldn't help but buy her book (on my Kindle w/gift card), "Quiet." I also discovered that I think I'm an Ambivert.

No friends, it is not Pinterest, but I am nervous about this trend.

No comments: