Friday, March 02, 2012

Some Things Just Take Time

"A Russian team discovered a seed cache of Silene stenophylla, a flowering plant native to Siberia, that had been buried by an Ice Age squirrel near the banks of the Kolyma River (map). Radiocarbon dating confirmed that the seeds were 32,000 years old."


I recently read an article about a 32, 000-year-old plant that was brought to life. Isn't she beautiful?


Once I saw a picture of her I couldn't seem to get her out of my mind and then she weaselled her way into my heart. I kept thinking about how amazing it was that seeds would be found, nourished, fed, taken care of, and then 32,000 years later grow into a beautiful white plant.


In a world that is so focused on the here and now this little fighter plant is a reminder that some things just take time.


Healing hurts and takes time


Love grows or diminishes over time


Friendships are born out of time shared


I am grateful to that little Ice Age squirrel who buried the seeds of this beautiful plant. Silene is a reminder to me that some things just take time.








No comments: