Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Saturday December 30, 2006
  • 7:25 am leave on plane from SLC airport for Providence, RI
  • 12:05 pm arrive at Chicago airport where my next plane is being held for me (never good a good sign when you have checked luggage).
  • 3:10 pm arrive in Providence and find out 1 suitcase made it and 1 suitcase didn't
  • About 5:00ish drive around in Pawtucket looking for food.
  • Sometime later arrive in Watertown, MA (home, sweet home)
Sunday December 31, 2006
  • 5:45 am drive over to friends house to get my wallet I left last night
  • 6:ooish am take Bus # 71 to Harvard
  • 6:30ish am take the T to South Station and buy a Greyhound bus ticket (Fung Wah was sold out).
  • 8:05 am get on greyhound bus (waited in line forever) and head to NYC.
  • 12:00 pm arrive in Manhattan, NY and begin the count down to New Year's
Monday January 1, 2007
  • 1:00am get on a train from Grand Central Station in NYC to Stamford, CT
  • 2:30 am ride a car to some place where my friend lives in CT
  • 3:00 is pm get in a car and drive to Bridgeport, CT
  • 4:15 pm get on a bus and head to New Haven, CT
  • 5:00 pm transfer buses and head to Hartford, CT
  • 6:16 pm transfer buses again and head to Boston (this time express to South Station)
  • 8:30 is pm arrive at South Station
  • 8:40 pm get on the T and head for Harvard
  • 9:15 is pm arrive at Hard and get on Bus #71 to Watertown, MA
  • 10:00 ish pm (after walking to my house from the bus stop in the rain) I am home!
Would I do it all again....in a heartbeat! I loved every minute of it. All the awkward, strange people on the public transportation,the second hand smoke, the kid in the back of the bus that wouldn't stop crying, the wait for 12 hours (mostly standing up) in Times Square to see a minuscule ball drop, the live musical performers, the game upon endless game of Scum to pass the time, the friends I love, the inability to go to the bathroom for a LONG time, the crazy hats, scarves with bells, glasses, balloons with streamers, drunk people around us, and much much more. I loved every stinking minute of it! Happy New Year!

Oh and P.S my suitcase did arrive...finally!

1 comment:

NatAttack said...

That is a WILD NYE story. I loved it! Sounds like you're going to need to teach me about this adventurous stuff. :) See you on Sunday!