Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Training Week

Most of you know this already but I am done with AmeriCorps!! My last day of AmeriCorps was on Friday. I am still working at AFC Mentoring for 2 weeks as a consultant (wich basically just means that they are now paying me to do my job and train the girl who is taking over my job).

I have mixed emotions about leaving my job (not so much about leaving AmeriCorps). I have loved being here and learning so many different things. It has been great to be surrounded by such passionate people who are working for a great cause.

Over all I have enjoyed being an AmeriCorps member but it is time to get a paying job and pull myself out of poverty! I am very excited about my new job as a case worker for Big Brothers of Mass. Bay.

Thank you for all your support this past year, for listening to me complain, for believing in me, for supporting me, for understanding me, and mostly...for loving me despite all my failings!

2006 has been a fantastic year! Here's to 2007!

No comments: