Monday, July 24, 2006

Glimpses

The part I hate the worst is that you are forever 15
You are stuck in 1999 no matter how hard I try
You are a teenager and an annoying one at that
You make me laugh and sometimes yell, but you are mine

I focus on a few distinct memories
but the tighter I hold on to them
the more distant the rest become
and I fear that the picture of you in my heart
is becoming the picture of you on my desk

The hole that you cut so deep in my heart
doesn't seem to ache as much any more and that bothers me
but 7 years is a long time and a lot of life to have lived
but don't worry healing hurts

For those who will listen I'll burden their ears
and tell them of the adventures we shared
I'll be honest in the fact that not every memory of you is pleasant
but nothing a lifetime of loving you can't make up for

and I have one huge gripe in this perfect plan
I know I have no room to complain
but if I could have one thing on this earth
I'd ask for glimpses of you

~In Memory of Grant Marcus Shields~


2 comments:

Tang Tang said...

Absolutely beautiful...I've told you a thousand times in person and I wish I had room to make a thousand comments here...lovely and poignant. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»