Friday, December 12, 2008

And so it begins...

Just so everyone knows the little bag on the right is my bag-the only one with stuff for me (clothes, medicine, etc.) The other 3 bags are chalked full with things for Chelsea, Mike, and the Ghanians. I feel a bit like Santa with so much goodness to share when I get to West Africa!

Thanks Jacob for helping with the shirts, skirts, tie clothes drive and for the pill bottles. The first aid kits were a smashing success thanks to my Enrichment night in my Ward. Thanks ladies for pitching in and putting all of them together!

Thanks Mo Mo for helping out in so many ways to get me off and on my way to Ghana! I will miss you but can't wait for the butterfly!

Here I am a bit overwhelmed by the amount of "stuff" we have to go through to determine what makes the cut and goes to Ghana and what stays behind.

Again thanks Jacob and everyone who helped out. Thanks to those who wrote their testimonies for the Ghanian saints, donated time, money, and other items. A little really does go a really long way!

So I begin my journey to Ghana, West Africa! I am very excited, a bit nervous, but mostly I can't believe the time has actually come. Though initially the trip was going to be my entire family (I am sad they weren't able to come). Then it was going to be me and some of my amazing cousins (I am sad they can't come either) now I go alone.

This trip will be and already is much different than my Italy trip I did on my own. I am so excited that Chelsea and Mike will be on the receiving end to help me out a lot while I am in Ghana!

A BIG shout out to everyone who helped make this trip possible and know that you will be making many people happy. I will try to update the blog when I can. I can also access my email and facebook so drop me a line when you get a chance.

Again many thanks!!

6 comments:

Marcus Lane said...

have fun there! we are still so sad that we aren't going!!

Pierce and Stacy said...

That is so amazing. Good luck! You are such a great person to be doing all of that. Have a wonderful time in Ghana!

dani said...

yay! be careful!

Monica said...

Good luck on your trip! I am jealous of you! You better keep updating your blog so we can see all that you do ! Have fun and be safe!

Tracy Anderson said...

Wow...that's a lot of stuff! You're going to have so much fun giving it out. What an exciting adventure you are about to have.

Ryan and Kim said...

I can tell that you are super excited! You are going to have a ton of fun. Say hi to Chelsea and Mike for me.