Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

I just want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and let you know how things are going here. Last night we went around to many of Chelsea & Mike's friends and a few a of mine. We gave some gifts and even did some caroling. At one house, Madame Esther's place, I even got to play on her son's (Emmanuel) keyboard. I played lots of hymns and people sang along.

Then last night (Christmas Eve) we read the Christmas story, sang some carols, and of course, opened our presents. We all got African Dashiki's to wear to bed. Mine is bright and amazing! Like I said Chelsea did a great job of keeping with traditions.

This morning I woke up and we had mike video tape us finding our "santa" gifts all laid out with our homemade stockings. I got lots of goodies, a new skirt, some Ghanaian candies, and a few other items.

After eating some of Chelsea’s cinnamon rolls (they didn’t turn out quite right but they still tasted good) we just relaxed a bit, read some, watched a movie, and just enjoyed being a bit lazy.


Then we decided to open the wrapped gifts. There were candies, Ghana flip flops, books, books on tape, and more. It was fun to see people open the gifts we had secretly bought for them. I was really excited for Chelsea and Mike to see the gift that I had asked Isaac to make for them. He made them a Kente Cloth in the Ghana flag colors with the word Ghana in the center. It turned out fabulous and he also made me one so that I can take it home and frame it.


After opening gifts we did some more relaxing, had some visitors and phone calls, then we each called family and friends to wish them Merry Christmas! It was nice to have a relaxing day and to just think about all blessings that I have in my life. I am truly blessed! I wish you all well and hope that you are making some great Holiday memories wherever you are!

No comments: