Monday, December 29, 2008

Boxing Day

The day after Christmas is really big here. They call it Boxing Day. We spent most of the day at the Babies Home in Mampong. We got there early and helped dress the kids in their new clothes. They were new pretty dresses socks and cute shoes for the girls, and also new little shorts suits with ties, socks and shoes for the boys.


There was a huge celebration at the Home with a live band, a DJ, and lots of other people, kids, and churches donating things to the Home. After a while the Babies Home took some time to announce to the audience that Chelsea and Mike had donated new uniforms for the workers at the Babies Home. The workers were so grateful since everyone always donates to the kids and they do all the work to keep them healthy, fed, washed, and in bed etc. It has been great to see that good that Chelsea and Mike are doing here on an ongoing basis!


I got to dance with kids, just enjoy spending time with them and most of all help them enjoy just being kids! All in All this Christmas Season has been one to treasure!


On a side note multiple times as I was on my way from Agona to Mampong I saw this school for the Ashanti Deaf. I hope to be able to get over to that school and see if I can volunteer. I hope the are using ASL or I will have no clue what they are signing!

No comments: