Friday, April 17, 2009

Social Enabler

Recently I talked to a good friend of mine. He lives in Boston and was catching up on the who is who and that what's what of our friends. In the conversation he called me a social enabler. He said that around the same time I moved so did a few other key social enablers and so things just aren't the same.

I've thought a lot about that concept--being a social enabler. I like it. He described it as someone who comes up with a idea and then just invites people (creates a social scene) to whatever they are doing. 

It's hard to be a social enabler when you don't know a lot of people, when you are new to a place, or when most of your time is consumed (all of which happens to be my life here in AZ.) I think that is why it has taken me so long to warm up to Arizona. I miss being a social enabler or being a part of other social enablers.

No comments: