Saturday, December 02, 2017

Bring Back Your Boldness & Bravery


Dear Single Men,

First of all, let's agree that dating sucks but so does being single.

Second, let's make a truce for just a few minutes and be on the same team when it comes to wanting to be in a healthy relationship.

It seems to me that by the time you hit your 30's you can assume that there has been a good share of hurting, vulnerability, divorce, shame, self deprecation, people judging your mistakes, people judging your accomplishments, weight gain/loss, hair loss, people-pleasing, laziness, over-achieving, under-achieving, grief, and so much more.

I imagine you are exhausted.

It seems to me that you might be tired from trying to make women feel good by pretending over and over that you are clueless and oblivious to their interest--so as to not hurt their feelings. Also, you may be tired of hearing how many incredible women there are out there for you to choose from.


I figure by know you are pretty settled into your day-to-day life. You have family who support you and friends that you spend time with and most likely you not only have a job but a career--that you love and where you work hard. The thought of dating just seems futile.

I get it. I really do.

Remember how we made a truce and we are on the same team fighting against loneliness and the awful parts of being single (because we all know there are wicked awesome parts). So here's the deal let's mix it up and bring it back old school.

Please bring back your boldness and bravery.

I know in a world filled with technology that it is much easier to slyly get my number from a friend or add me on Facebook but I can't tell you how awesome it is when you just ask me for my number or ask me out on a real date. No "let's get a bunch of friends together and eat sushi" or "let's talk about your new entrepreneurial business idea while we eat food."

Bring it back simple, bold, and brave. There just isn't enough of that today.


Let's go on adventure. Let's make mistakes. Let's be awkward at first and then land in that space where we can't get enough of each other and everyone hates us. Let's choose to have hard conversations that make us think and change us. Let's share parts of us we have been dying to share but had no one who listened long enough.

Bring back your boldness and bravery and I will match it with my confidence and caring.

Love, All the Single Ladies

No comments: