Saturday, December 02, 2017

Ordinary Love


"I don't wanna be no star-have fame on the Boulevard. No, that's not what I'm looking for. I don't need shiny things or love from the movie screen. But, I tell you what I really want....Gimme  an ordinary love." (Ben Rector)

love love!

I love when someone finds someone else that makes sense and brings color to their world. I love the giddiness that ensues, no matter the age, when you find someone who you can't wait to see/ talk to, even though you've been texting all day. 

I love watching a couple come into a room and seeing that look on the guys face--so proud to be with the most beautiful girl in the room. I watch her flit around the room all buoyant and buzzing like a hummingbird. He is happy to sit back, smile and steal glances at her now and again.

I love being shorter than a guy, with my high heels on, and having to get on my tiptoes to kiss him. There's something magical about the way a guy puts his hand on the small of the back of a girl and let's her know she's safe.


“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.” (Jack Kerouac, "On The Road")

There are days when I want a passionate love affair, travel the world with a partner in crime, and burn the candle at both ends. Then there are days when I just want to sit on the couch on a rainy day and curl up next to someone and laugh a lot. We won't care what the rest of the world is doing because what we are doing is enough.

I still believe I can have it all.

No comments: