Saturday, December 02, 2017

"Comparison is the Thief of Joy"

The above quote, looking just like it does here, is pinned up on the cork board in my office. I don’t usually point to it or even talk about comparison with my clients in my office but I started to realize something.
After a few weeks of working one client they mentioned the quote, realizing they needed to let go of significant comparisons in their life. I was a bit surprised that they remember the quote or that they even saw it on their first visit in my office. And then it happened again, & again.
I believe our eyes and hearts seek out truth.
And so it goes that a common theme with people is that we choose to compare the worst of ourselves with the best of someone else. I hate to break it to you but you will always feel awful about yourself  if you continue to do this. The fastest way I know to degrade or deceive yourself is to compare. The world feeds off of comparison.  BREAK THE CYCLE
Dare  to be different & unique and LOVE yourself in the process.
This article was first published here at www.forwardwalking.com

No comments: