Saturday, December 02, 2017

Freedom Fighter


Freedom Fighter

Today I sat alone and thought
Of all the blessings I've received
And of the trials I didn't choose
And why I still believe

I thought of all the slaves
All the tears and pain and grief
How heavy the darkness seems to loom
And press upon my belief

I thought about the children
Some free of fear and some not
My heart filled up with gratitude 
For everything I've got

And then I thought about freedom
A gift that was given to me
And I wondered how I'm doing
In this home of the brave and land of the free

I thought about my purpose
And all that I can do
To be a freedom fighter
And to ask you to be one too

I thought about liberation
How justice and mercy win
When abolitionists work together
to bring bring freedom back again

No comments: