Saturday, December 02, 2017

Opportunity For Growth


I got this quote from a friend and I like the message is shares, 


"There is nothing wrong with wanting a relationship - it is natural and healthy. There is nothing wrong with wanting a relationship that will last forever - expecting it to last forever is what is dysfunctional. Expectations set us up to be a victim - and cause us to abandon ourselves in search of our goal. As long as we believe that SOMEONE ELSE has the POWER to make us HAPPY then we are setting ourselves up to be VICTIMS. If we can start seeing relationships not as the goal but as opportunities for growth then we can start having more functional relationships. A relationship that ends is not a failure or a punishment - it is a lesson."  (Robert Burney)

I am not amazing at being in relationships but I am always learning from them. I would rather have my heart broken, and learn from love, than be alone.

No comments: