Thursday, September 23, 2010

Date #4: Genki

Name: "Sushi"
Profession: Medical Student (D.O.) @ A.T. Still
Date Theme: Dinner & Dessert

"Sushi" and I hadn't met before but I had seen him in my ward a few times. He seemed like he had a great personality! He was with a school friend while she was taking the first discussion from the Missionaries before we went out. He was a bit late (but is there really a better excuse??)

We were heading to an Indian food but it was closed. While we doing some getting to know each other I found out that "Sushi" is half Japanese and served his mission in Japan. So that was fun b/c I'm currently loving all things Japan. So since we couldn't get Indian food we looked around near by and found a Sushi place. We decided to be adventurous and try it out.

I liked the sushi but enjoyed the company even more! "Sushi" and I had a blast talking to each other and have SO much in common. We both love culture, music, and of course, Japan! In particular he likes Jazz (which is rare)! We got Vegas rolls, California Rolls, Eel, and Spicy Tuna and ate every last bite!

Then we went to get some ice cream to share and "Sushi" told me all about his school, A.T. Still University, and how much he enjoys his program. He is passionate about helping people and as a therapist I share that same passion so we had a lot to talk about in that area.

At the end of the night we sat in the rocking chairs on the porch at my house and talked for a bit more but "Sushi" is training to be a doctor so he still has hours of homework to complete. So we said goodbye...


No comments: